Thursday 3 July 2014

How about a BMW to play around with?

A stroll inside the NWU campus led me towards a nice little building where I spotted a (guess what) a swanky BMW parked inside. Inside the building that is.

As I entered through the doors out of sheer curiosity, I realised I am inside a science auditorium, targeted towards youth to popularise science. The BMW was for the purpose of showing a real-time demo of how a twin-turbo engine works. 

There are numerous educational posters scattered around, with simple devices showing Bernoulli's Principle for example, or posters and demos showing how cellphone signals work or how sound waves travel. 

Interesting initiative by the University indeed - specially when the local Government is leaving no stone unturned to engage students towards Maths and Science. 


1 comment: